Yesterday I spent time with other authors at my home. We shared delightful food and focused on the topic of ‘book marketing’. All of the group are indie published or heading down that path. I reflected on my own journey. These thoughts fell into place.
- Everyone is searching for that piece of the puzzle or the marketing magic that will elevate their work and send it into the hands of more readers.
- What worked two years ago, doesn’t necessarily translate into forward momentum in 2017. An author on-line recently commented, after purchasing an expensive promotional programme, that the course was totally dated. The concepts were too 2014, she said.
- If you think you require assistance in this arena, you don’t have to search very far. A buffet of consultants are ‘out there’ ready to take your money and give you tips and strategies to raise your writing profile. Be wary! Dig into their background. What they are promoting may not be the right fit for you.
- As a minnow, swimming in the Amazon sea, I need to become more adept at marketing my own work. A reader won’t know about my latest novel, ‘Finding Hayden’ a contemporary romance, unless I announce to the world that it is available for their reading pleasure.
- Are you willing to share some of your marketing magic? I’m interested in what has worked for you.